5G Mobile Penetration Tester
999 Dallas, TX 99999 US
Contract - Job Order
Title: 5G Mobile Network Penetration Tester
Location: Dallas for 2-4 weeks then 100% Remote
Duration: 6+ month Contract (SOW)
- 1+ years experience conducting penetration tests on 5G networks including cellphones, base stations, and backend core networks.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of 5G base station manufacturers and tier-based station architectures
- Experience with enterprise penetration testing on core network components and internet uplinks
- Familiarity with backend 5G core network elements and data flows in a mobile network environment
- Proficient in identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities in black box and grey box testing scenarios
- Relevant certifications such as CEH, OSCP, or CISSP are a plus
- Experience in lab-based penetration testing environments
What projects will you help accomplish?
Perform vulnerability assessments, primarily using black box testing but also incorporating grey box techniques where appropriate. Collaborate with the blue team to evaluate and improve the organization's ability to mitigate attacks and recover from security attack incidents.
• Conduct penetration tests on 5G cellphones, base stations, and backend core network elements
• Test resilience of the base station, rogue base station authentication, and standard network attacks
• Perform vulnerability assessments, primarily using black box testing but also incorporating grey box techniques where appropriate
• Collaborate with the blue team to evaluate and improve the organization's ability to mitigate attacks and recover from incidents
• Analyze data flows to ensure proper functioning of phone call services and identify potential service attacks
• Provide comprehensive reports on test findings and recommend remediation strategies
• Work on-site for 2-4 weeks during testing and be available for engagements through the end of the year